The crux of any gadget lies in the strength of its battery. The battery decides how well and how far along you can get with it. It is quite frustrating to have a gadget shut down on you consistently. And if the gadget or its battery is relatively new, the disappointment can be overwhelming.
Excessive heat is known to make batteries weaker. This heat might be as a result of the weather being hot or as a result of charging it. Exposure to cold is also not a good thing for battery life. That notwithstanding, you can make your battery last long without necessarily breaking an arm.
NorskeAnmeldelser provides you with trusted tips that will help to make sure your battery serves you better and longer. Applying these tips to the recommendations of Batteriexperten will give you a reason to enjoy battery usage.
- Avoid charging your batteries for too long: Leaving your battery on charge for long puts it under heat and heat does not help battery lifespan. Instead of letting it overcharge, it is advised that you unplug the battery at 80% of the full charge. Minimizing how often you use the battery might also help, seeing that the more you use it, the more frequently you will have to charge it, and consequently, the lesser its strength will become.
- Always use the specified charger for your batteries: A battery may have been wired to work well with a particular battery charger. If you use a charger with a higher or lower output than specified, you run the risk of damaging your battery. It is expected that the charger boxed in with your battery may get broken or lost. But before buying a new one, ensure that the specifics are a match.
- Avoid draining your battery completely: When a battery is drained completely it becomes stressed and degrades as a result. Research shows that batteries work best at above 20% of their total capacity. So instead of allowing your battery to get drained completely, it is best to top up the charge briefly at intervals.
- Do not use a battery while it is charging: Using a battery while it is charging starves it of much-needed energy. The gadget through which the battery is used draws up all the energy from the medium of charge. This will make your battery heat up and necessarily thus affecting its lifespan badly.
- Keep your battery away from moisture: When a battery is exposed to moisture, It will absorb the moisture through its holes. The resultant effect of this is that the battery life can shorten and leakage may occur.
You can look forward to a longer-lasting battery as long as you don’t overcharge or drain it completely. However, if you feel your battery is excessively weak, buy a new one from a trusted dealer. And when you do, don’t forget to use the specified charger in addition to the other tips above.